An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Insolvency specialist to join our growing Dispute Resolution team. The successful candidate should be ambitious, dynamic and have the ability to handle a varied caseload in a fast paced working environment. This is a new offering for the firm so the candidate will need to be able to bring some of own case-load and also make use of the firm’s contacts.
Main areas of responsibility may include some or all of the following:
- Restructuring of solvent / insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advising on distressed situations such as difficult trading conditions (include directors’ advice), winding-up orders and confiscating property or assets;
- Formulating effective exit strategies for owners and investors; preparing securities documentation; undertaking fraud investigations and pursuing and/or defending actions against directors;
- Handling complex and challenging Pension Regulation when insolvency looms; Members of our Insolvency & Restructuring team have also worked in-house at the Pensions Regulator.
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
You should have experience acting for some or all of the following:
- Asset based lenders (ABLs)
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Invoice discounters and factors
- Trade Debt funders
Membership of the Insolvency Practitioners Association is preferred but not essential.
You will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience as well as an attractive benefits package.