13 January 2016
20 things you didn’t know about B P Collins LLP
- It’s our birthday - 2016 marks our 50th anniversary so watch out for lots of exciting celebrations.
- From corporate conundrums to house-moving mayhem - we deliver innovative solutions for all of life's little (and big) challenges.
- Olympic gold medallist and successful businessman Adrian Moorhouse is on our board.
- We’re listed as a “regional heavyweight” in a prestigious league table of top law firms and our corporate team was named “best in England” across eight regions.
- The firm is proud to have donated over £70,000 to local charities over the last 3 years, with events such as our own version of The Great British Bake Off and sponsoring the Gerrards Cross Fun Run.
- Thanks to our social media campaigns, we’ve been named as the sixth most influential law firm on Twitter.
- Based in the heart of Gerrards Cross, our residential property team has helped more than 300 families buy or sell their homes in and around the town in the last 3 years.
- Meanwhile, our expert family lawyers have seen demand for pre-nups triple in the last 12 months.
- Sporting legends Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards, Sharron Davies MBE and Karen Pickering MBE have all been guests at the annual Bucks Sporting Lunch Club events, of which we are founding sponsors.
- Family partner, Sue Andrews was named in last year’s list of 100 Inspirational Berkshire and Buckinghamshire Women – alongside the Queen, Amal Clooney and Kate Winslet.
- Not to be outdone, senior partner Chris Hardy was recognised as one of Buckinghamshire Life’s 100 Influential Men, along with B P Collins consultant, Marcus Lee. Sir Elton John, the Duke of Edinburgh and David Cameron also shared the honour.
- Kon'nichiwa! In 2015 B P Collins co-hosted the first Japan-UK roundtable event to boost business links with the Thames Valley and this year we are proud sponsors of a trade visit to Osaka.
- In 2015, we partnered with Buckinghamshire’s Community Foundation Heart of Bucks to support even more charities.
- Watch the birdie - partner and keen golfer Simon Deans, recently led his team to victory in a charity golf tournament hosted by Sir Terry Wogan.
- Over the years, we have had works by David Hockney, Banksy, Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin showcased alongside local artists in our meeting rooms.
- New chief executive, Ian Hopkins, has a string of business awards under his belt and a passion for his native Welsh rugby team.
- Never too old - employment law partner Jo Davis was involved in a ground-breaking case to stop employers compulsorily retiring workers at age 65.
- The private client team draft around 350 wills each year - one specified that an executor had to qualify as a commercial airline pilot in order to inherit the estate!
- Litigation partner Matthew Brandis successfully changed the law, ensuring you can now report an alleged crime to police without the fear of being sued by the person you complained about - even if your allegation turns out to be wrong.
- Bright spark - in a former professional life, head of business development & marketing Gina Connell, designed the lighting at the TT Tsui Gallery in the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Explore our website for more information on how the team at B P Collins has helped generations of families and growing businesses over the years.