14 March 2018
General Data Protection Regulation, are you ready for the change?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has a significant impact on organisations that hold and process data. It impacts policies, processes, data access and transfer, marketing activity, data held in relation to employees, and more.
The deadline is fast approaching (25 May 2018) so it is vital to ensure you are ready for the change. B P Collins’ corporate and commercial partner Alex Zachary and employment lawyer Hannah King, and their teams, are already helping a number of clients in this area and can assist you.
The penalties for breaching the new data protection laws could cripple a company with fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or 20 million euros – so it would be prudent to contact our team now to reduce the scope of your business falling foul of the rules in the future.
We offer a wide range of flexibly priced GDPR services tailored to your business, including:
- Briefing your senior management team to raise awareness of the GDPR;
- Helping you to audit your organisation’s data and processing activities, developing a plan for carrying out the work and making the changes needed to meet the GDPR’s requirements;
- Reviewing your legal documents, including your data protection policy and record-keeping processes, privacy notices, consent forms, terms and conditions of business and data transfer documentation;
- Undertaking HR audits in relation to GDPR;
- Reviewing, drafting or updating employee handbooks, contracts and privacy notices;
- Training your in-house GDPR project team and giving them on-going legal support to help with their preparations;
- Helping you develop or update staff policies and training programmes for staff - a critical part of demonstrating compliance under the GDPR;
- Helping you prepare and negotiate contracts with your customers and suppliers, involving data processing, which comply with the new rules.
For more information or to discuss how we can assist your business, please contact:
- Alex Zachary (partner) on 01753 279022 or email email@example.com
- Hannah King (associate) on 01753 279029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Under data protection law, you have their permission.