12 May 2020
The new normal: B P Collins announces three promotions
- Simon Carroll is promoted to partner in the dispute resolution practice
- Lawyers in the wills, trusts and probate and dispute resolution teams are also promoted
Simon Carroll has been promoted to partner in B P Collins’ dispute resolution team. An experienced commercial and regulatory litigator and solicitor-advocate, Simon will also join the department’s management team.
Simon has conducted litigation in most civil divisions of the High Court; in the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. He has also advised in connection with domestic and international arbitrations, and has been involved in proceedings in the UK and internationally.
Simon won Solicitor-Advocate of the Year at the BB&O Law Society Awards in 2019 and independent legal directory, The Legal 500, regards Simon as a ‘Rising Star’ in commercial dispute resolution.
Elliott Brookes becomes an associate in the dispute resolution team, specialising in property disputes. Elliott advises and acts for multinational and national companies, commercial landlords, portfolio residential landlords, management companies and high net worth individuals. A former trainee of B P Collins, Elliott won the Junior Lawyer of the Year award at the Bucks, Berks & Oxon Law Society Awards in 2019.
Naadim Shamji has been promoted to an associate in B P Collins’ wills, trusts and probate team. He advises on all aspects of private client work, including wills, estate planning, loan agreements, trusts, lasting powers of attorney, deputyships and probate. Naadim has particular expertise in advising parents, who wish to protect their capital when lending to their children.
Simon Deans, senior partner, B P Collins said:
“B P Collins has always put people at the heart of what we do, whether they are our clients, our teams or the local community.”
“Despite the turbulence and the economic challenges we face, we still believe in developing our people and investing in their future, so that we are well positioned to support and work together with our clients now and as lockdown eases. Congratulations to Simon, Elliott and Naadim.”
Notes to editors
- B P Collins is a cross practice firm with offices in Gerrards Cross and London. It has business and private clients based across London and the South East
- B P Collins has raised money for the Heart of Bucks Coronavirus Response appeal to support people and charities in Buckinghamshire who are most affected and vulnerable at this time.
- B P Collins continues to be recognised as a regional heavyweight in independent surveys with many of our lawyers ranked highly in their specialist fields.
- B P Collins became the first law firm to be awarded an international CSR Excellence Award.
- For more details on how B P Collins supports its local community, click on our corporate social responsibility page.
- In June 2019, B P Collins was the winner of the Workplace Wellbeing Award at the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce’s business awards.
- Details on B P Collins’ commitment to diversity in its workforce can be found here here.