Assistant Management Accountant
Our Finance team are looking for a full time Assistant Management Accountant, available immediately. The successful candidate will be a team player with experience working in a professional financial environment.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts with commentary including the posting of journals and processing accruals and prepayments, preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports for lawyers.
- Preparing and submitting relevant VAT returns.
- Updating the weekly and monthly cash flow reports.
- Preparing WIP and debtor reports.
- Assisting with preparation of the annual accounts.
- Providing other support to the Head of Finance and partners as requested.
- Technical know-how – A graduate or at least 2 year’s general accounting experience in a professional organisation, legal experience useful but not essential.
- Part qualified AAT/ACCA preferred with a study package if desired but we will also consider candidates who are part qualified who no longer wish to continue their studies or who are qualified by experience.
- IT literate with excellent Excel skills essential.
- Accurate and quick data input skills.
- Good “client” liaison skills and the ability to cope with pressure.
- The successful applicant will not necessarily be expected to have experience in every element of the role prior to taking the position but must possess the ability to learn quickly.
There is scope for the role to develop as the individual progresses and their experience grows.
- The nature of the job requires internal contact and communication with all personnel within the firm.
- There is an ongoing requirement to ensure deadlines are met and information processed accurately and efficiently with particularly busy periods shortly after each month end.
Senior Private Client lawyer
We are seeking a senior Private Client lawyer to join a very well established and friendly team handling the full range of high net worth matters with some responsibility for team management, strategy and BD - excellent career progression prospects to partner level.
Corporate and commercial lawyer, 3-6yrs PQE (Gerrards Cross)
A position has arisen for an experienced lawyer to join our busy Corporate and Commercial team (ranked at Band 1 in Chambers and Partners), handling a mixed caseload of corporate and commercial matters.
The ideal candidate would be somebody bright and hardworking, with excellent technical ability, a good communicator with plenty of initiative. You will have direct exposure to a wide variety of clients, including serial entrepreneurs, owner managed businesses, mid-tier corporates and overseas business with a UK presence.
You will provide business advice and guidance on a wide spectrum of issues ranging from commercial contracts through to transactional corporate matters, such as joint ventures, business and share sales and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and constitutional and shareholder issues.
Working within a friendly and cohesive team, you will be given a high degree of autonomy and given the opportunity to run some of your own matters, as well as working with all the support and guidance you need from other experienced lawyers in the team.
Our thriving and cohesive real estate group continues to grow and strengthen its offering in all areas. As such, we seek residential, commercial and development lawyers at various levels who can work independently and have an interest in developing new business.
You would have strong mentoring and support from a very experienced team with great quality and breadth of work and genuine opportunity to progress your career.
In particular, we are seeking a very experienced, senior residential lawyer with head of/management experience to help lead the residential team – partner level prospects and:
An experienced planning lawyer to add breadth and depth to the existing offering which encompasses some contentious work and matters; excellent prospects to develop and build this specialism with plenty of internal support and BD assistance.
Employment lawyer, NQ-3 years PQE (Gerrards Cross)
The firm’s well established and successful Employment team deals with a high level of excellent quality respondent and claimant work across the whole employment spectrum including business immigration advice and the provision of HR training and support.
Due to a continued increase in work, an additional lawyer is required to handle an existing caseload comprised of a broad mix of contentious and non-contentions matters. You will be working within a close knit team where passion and creativity, combined with a strong mentoring approach, prevail.
Insolvency specialist solicitor, 5 years PQE (Gerrards Cross)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Insolvency specialist to join our growing Dispute Resolution team. The successful candidate should be ambitious, dynamic and have the ability to handle a varied caseload in a fast paced working environment. This is a new offering for the firm so the candidate will need to be able to bring some of own case-load and also make use of the firm’s contacts.
Main areas of responsibility may include some or all of the following:
- Restructuring of solvent / insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advising on distressed situations such as difficult trading conditions (include directors' advice), winding-up orders and confiscating property or assets;
- Formulating effective exit strategies for owners and investors; preparing securities documentation; undertaking fraud investigations and pursuing and/or defending actions against directors;
- Handling complex and challenging Pension Regulation when insolvency looms; Members of our Insolvency & Restructuring team have also worked in-house at the Pensions Regulator.
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
You should have experience acting for some or all of the following:
- Asset based lenders (ABLs)
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Invoice discounters and factors
- Trade Debt funders
Membership of the Insolvency Practitioners Association is preferred but not essential.
You will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience as well as an attractive benefits package.
We are always interested in hearing from law students with good academics who are looking for work experience to progress their careers.
The firm offers hands on training and exposure to good quality work and clients in our Property, Dispute resolution, Employment, Family and Private Client practice groups.
Candidates should be prepared to work hard, not mind what they are asked to do and possess a team mentality.
Working at B P Collins
B P Collins is a leading regional law firm and we are always looking for people to join our dynamic and diverse workplace. Whether you join as a lawyer or within the business support functions, you’ll find that our teams are effective and friendly.
Information for recruitment agencies
B P Collins uses its staff and extensive referral networks to fill many positions. However, where this is proving difficult, we will consider receiving applications from recruitment agents.
We work with a number of recruitment agencies with whom, over time, we have built strong relationships and these consultants are familiar with our brand, culture and reputation.
If you wish to submit a candidate cv please contact the HR team to agree terms & conditions in advance of sending through any applications.
All CVs must include the candidate's name, location, academic grades, salary expectations and reasons for leaving previous employments.
Please do not submit CVs to Partners.
If you have any questions, please speak to a member of the HR team on 01753 889995.