Criminal Law specialist
Our Dispute Resolution team is seeking to build on its existing criminal defence offering in line with the firm’s brand and current service to private clients. As such we seek a lawyer with experience (min 5 yrs) of regulatory and road traffic matters who would also be able to bring an established client following.
You would work in a small team within the wider, well established Dispite Resolution practice group and have a high degree of autonomy within a very open and supportive environment. The firm is committed to being a great place to work and strives for excellence in all areas of its business.
Senior Employment lawyer, 5+ years PQE
The firm’s well established and successful Employment team deals with a high level of excellent quality respondent and claimant work across the whole employment spectrum including business immigration advice and the provision of HR training and support.
Due to a continued increase in work, an experienced (min 5 yrs PQE) lawyer is required to take on an existing caseload and hit the ground running.
You should be confident in handling a broad mix of contentious and non-contentions matters and happy to work independently within a close knit team where passion and creativity are key.
Insolvency specialist solicitor, 5 years PQE
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Insolvency specialist to join our growing Dispute Resolution team. The successful candidate should be ambitious, dynamic and have the ability to handle a varied caseload in a fast paced working environment. This is a new offering for the firm so the candidate will need to be able to bring some of own case-load and also make use of the firm’s contacts.
Main areas of responsibility may include some or all of the following:
- Restructuring of solvent / insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advising on distressed situations such as difficult trading conditions (include directors' advice), winding-up orders and confiscating property or assets;
- Formulating effective exit strategies for owners and investors; preparing securities documentation; undertaking fraud investigations and pursuing and/or defending actions against directors;
- Handling complex and challenging Pension Regulation when insolvency looms; Members of our Insolvency & Restructuring team have also worked in-house at the Pensions Regulator.
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
You should have experience acting for some or all of the following:
- Asset based lenders (ABLs)
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Invoice discounters and factors
- Trade Debt funders
Membership of the Insolvency Practitioners Association is preferred but not essential.
You will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience as well as an attractive benefits package.
Corporate and commercial lawyer, NQ – 3 yrs PQE
A position has arisen for a lawyer to join our busy Corporate and Commercial team (ranked at Band 1 in Chambers and Partners), handling a mixed caseload of corporate and commercial matters.
The ideal candidate would be somebody bright and hardworking, with excellent technical ability, a good communicator with plenty of initiative. You will have direct exposure to a wide variety of clients, including serial entrepreneurs, owner managed businesses, mid-tier corporates and overseas business with a UK presence.
You will provide business advice and guidance on a wide spectrum of issues ranging from commercial contracts through to transactional corporate matters, such as joint ventures, business and share sales and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and constitutional and shareholder issues.
Working within a friendly and cohesive team, you will be given a high degree of autonomy and given the opportunity to run some of your own matters, as well as working with all the support and guidance you need from other experienced lawyers in the team.
Private Client solicitor, 4-7 yrs PQE
We are looking for an experienced and capable 4-7 years PQE Private Client Solicitor for a successful, well established and growing team.
The right candidate should:
- be able to manage a varied caseload
- have experience of dealing with high net worth clients
- be a good business developer and have the ability to build their own relationships
- be STEP qualified (or nearing completion)
- be personable, self-motivated and proactive
- be able to build strong working relationships internally and externally
- have excellent verbal and written communication
Excellent technical experience in all areas of private client including wills, tax and estate planning, all estate administration, court of protection and powers of attorney, all aspects of trusts including creation, administration, termination and tax would be advantageous.
We are always interested in hearing from law students with good academics who are looking for work experience to progress their careers.
The firm offers hands on training and exposure to good quality work and clients in our Property, Dispute resolution, Employment, Family and Private Client practice groups.
Candidates should be prepared to work hard, not mind what they are asked to do and possess a team mentality.
No support staff vacancies
There are currently no support staff positions at present.
Working at B P Collins
B P Collins is a leading regional law firm and we are always looking for people to join our dynamic and diverse workplace. Whether you join as a lawyer or within the business support functions, you’ll find that our teams are effective and friendly.
Information for recruitment agencies
B P Collins uses its staff and extensive referral networks to fill many positions. However, where this is proving difficult, we will consider receiving applications from recruitment agents.
We work with a number of recruitment agencies with whom, over time, we have built strong relationships and these consultants are familiar with our brand, culture and reputation.
If you wish to submit a candidate cv please contact the HR team to agree terms & conditions in advance of sending through any applications.
All CVs must include the candidate's name, location, academic grades, salary expectations and reasons for leaving previous employments.
Please do not submit CVs to Partners.
If you have any questions, please speak to a member of the HR team on 01753 889995.