Role: To provide financial guidance to the Board including preparation of the annual budget and effective and timely monthly reporting and to develop all necessary policies and procedures, reporting systems and controls to ensure the sound financial management and sustainability of the firm’s business.
To act as the firm’s Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) to ensure that the firm, its employees and managers comply with any obligations imposed under SRA Rules;
To take overall control of the firm’s accounting function and reporting on a day to day basis to ensure that the firm’s financial systems are robust, compliant and regularly updated to support current activities and future growth so as to safeguard the firm’s assets and prevent fraud;
In conjunction with the COO, recommend annual budget to the Board in line with business strategy, including quarterly reforecasts and monthly reviews;
- Lead, direct and develop the Accounts team staff and form a close working relationship with the COO, Partners and other Senior Managers
- Provide input to the Board’s finance and accounting strategy to optimise the firm’s financial performance and strategic position
- Develop management information systems to enable all to understand the commercial and financial drivers of the business leveraging the Peppermint practice management system
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including clients, banks, accountants, and HMRC
A minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience at a senior level within professional services, ideally legal.
Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential manager with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels;
- Strong IT skills, abreast with new technologies;
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making;
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance;
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Corporate and commercial lawyer, 3-6yrs PQE (Gerrards Cross)
A position has arisen for an experienced lawyer to join our busy Corporate and Commercial team (ranked at Band 1 in Chambers and Partners), handling a mixed caseload of corporate and commercial matters.
The ideal candidate would be somebody bright and hardworking, with excellent technical ability, a good communicator with plenty of initiative. You will have direct exposure to a wide variety of clients, including serial entrepreneurs, owner managed businesses, mid-tier corporates and overseas business with a UK presence.
You will provide business advice and guidance on a wide spectrum of issues ranging from commercial contracts through to transactional corporate matters, such as joint ventures, business and share sales and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and constitutional and shareholder issues.
Working within a friendly and cohesive team, you will be given a high degree of autonomy and given the opportunity to run some of your own matters, as well as working with all the support and guidance you need from other experienced lawyers in the team.
Legal Assistant / Secretary (Gerrards Cross)
We are looking for a Family Legal Assistant/Secretary. The role would be ideal for someone who is looking to join a busy, in-demand and growing team in Gerrards Cross.
The successful candidate will need previous private Family work (i.e not Legal Aid). Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with an eye for detail are required. Strong organisational and proactive approach with the willingness to ‘muck in’ with whatever needs doing.
Duties will include:
- Audio typing
- Answering phone calls in a professional and prompt manner
- Ensuring all enclosures are with relevant documents
- Being first point of contact for clients attending meetings
- Ensuring all paperwork is filed and organised
- Ad hoc requests by the solicitors
Family Solicitor (Gerrards Cross)
An enthusiastic Family lawyer with 4 to 6 years PQE is required for our busy in-demand and growing team.
The successful candidate would have their own clients, advising on all matters arising from the breakdown of a marriage, civil partnership or unmarried relationship- both financial and child centred issues.
Good academics are required but equally important is having a holistic and pragmatic approach and to be a team player, since the role would also involve assisting partners in the team.
Would suit an individual who is proactive, independent and self- motivated with plenty of commitment and initiative. Good time management and IT skills also required.
Commercial Property lawyer, 4 years+ PQE (Gerrards Cross)
We are looking for a Commercial Property lawyer to join our specialist property team.
Ideal candidate will have relevant experience in real estate, the ability to provide informed and practical advice to clients and be confident in managing a large varied work load.
The quality and breadth of work we undertake will stimulate and challenge the successful candidate.
Employment lawyer, 1-5 years PQE (Gerrards Cross)
The firm’s well established and successful Employment team deals with a high level of excellent quality respondent and claimant work across the whole employment spectrum including business immigration advice and the provision of HR training and support.
Due to a continued increase in work, an additional (1-5 yrs PQE) lawyer is required to support the team in existing caseload and hit the ground running.
You will be handling a broad mix of contentious and non-contentions matters and happy to work within a close knit team where passion and creativity are key.
Insolvency specialist solicitor, 5 years PQE (Gerrards Cross)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Insolvency specialist to join our growing Dispute Resolution team. The successful candidate should be ambitious, dynamic and have the ability to handle a varied caseload in a fast paced working environment. This is a new offering for the firm so the candidate will need to be able to bring some of own case-load and also make use of the firm’s contacts.
Main areas of responsibility may include some or all of the following:
- Restructuring of solvent / insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advising on distressed situations such as difficult trading conditions (include directors' advice), winding-up orders and confiscating property or assets;
- Formulating effective exit strategies for owners and investors; preparing securities documentation; undertaking fraud investigations and pursuing and/or defending actions against directors;
- Handling complex and challenging Pension Regulation when insolvency looms; Members of our Insolvency & Restructuring team have also worked in-house at the Pensions Regulator.
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
You should have experience acting for some or all of the following:
- Asset based lenders (ABLs)
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Invoice discounters and factors
- Trade Debt funders
Membership of the Insolvency Practitioners Association is preferred but not essential.
You will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience as well as an attractive benefits package.
We are always interested in hearing from law students with good academics who are looking for work experience to progress their careers.
The firm offers hands on training and exposure to good quality work and clients in our Property, Dispute resolution, Employment, Family and Private Client practice groups.
Candidates should be prepared to work hard, not mind what they are asked to do and possess a team mentality.
Working at B P Collins
B P Collins is a leading regional law firm and we are always looking for people to join our dynamic and diverse workplace. Whether you join as a lawyer or within the business support functions, you’ll find that our teams are effective and friendly.
Information for recruitment agencies
B P Collins uses its staff and extensive referral networks to fill many positions. However, where this is proving difficult, we will consider receiving applications from recruitment agents.
We work with a number of recruitment agencies with whom, over time, we have built strong relationships and these consultants are familiar with our brand, culture and reputation.
If you wish to submit a candidate cv please contact the HR team to agree terms & conditions in advance of sending through any applications.
All CVs must include the candidate's name, location, academic grades, salary expectations and reasons for leaving previous employments.
Please do not submit CVs to Partners.
If you have any questions, please speak to a member of the HR team on 01753 889995.