Assistant Management accountant
Our busy Finance team are looking for a full time Assistant Management Accountant, available immediately. The successful candidate will be a team player with experience working in a financial environment.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts with commentary including the posting of journals and processing accruals and prepayments, preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports for lawyers.
- Preparing and submitting relevant VAT returns.
- Updating the weekly and monthly cash flow reports.
- Preparing WIP and debtor reports.
- Assisting with preparation of the annual accounts.
- Providing other support to the Head of Finance and partners as requested.
- Technical know-how – A graduate or at least 2 year’s general accounting experience, legal experience useful but not essential. IT literate with good Excel skills
- Accurate and quick data input skills.
- Good “client” liaison skills and the ability to cope with pressure.
- Team orientated approach.
- Part qualified AAT/ACCA preferred with a study package if desired but we will also consider candidates who are part qualified and who no longer wish to continue their studies or who are qualified by experience.
- The successful applicant will not necessarily be expected to have experience in every element of the role prior to taking the position. There is scope for the role to develop as the individual progresses and their experience grows.
- The nature of the job requires internal contact and communication with all personnel within the firm.
- There is an ongoing requirement to ensure deadlines are met and information processed accurately and efficiently with particularly busy periods shortly after each month end.
Corporate and commercial lawyer, NQ – 3 yrs PQE
A position has arisen for a lawyer to join our busy Corporate and Commercial team (ranked at Band 1 in Chambers and Partners), handling a mixed caseload of corporate and commercial matters.
The ideal candidate would be somebody bright and hardworking, with excellent technical ability, a good communicator with plenty of initiative. You will have direct exposure to a wide variety of clients, including serial entrepreneurs, owner managed businesses, mid-tier corporates and overseas business with a UK presence.
You will provide business advice and guidance on a wide spectrum of issues ranging from commercial contracts through to transactional corporate matters, such as joint ventures, business and share sales and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and constitutional and shareholder issues.
Working within a friendly and cohesive team, you will be given a high degree of autonomy and given the opportunity to run some of your own matters, as well as working with all the support and guidance you need from other experienced lawyers in the team.
Private Client solicitor, 4-7 yrs PQE
We are looking for an experienced and capable 4-7 years PQE Private Client Solicitor for a successful, well established and growing team.
The right candidate should:
- be able to manage a varied caseload
- have experience of dealing with high net worth clients
- be a good business developer and have the ability to build their own relationships
- be STEP qualified (or nearing completion)
- be personable, self-motivated and proactive
- be able to build strong working relationships internally and externally
- have excellent verbal and written communication
Excellent technical experience in all areas of private client including wills, tax and estate planning, all estate administration, court of protection and powers of attorney, all aspects of trusts including creation, administration, termination and tax would be advantageous.
We are always interested in hearing from law students with good academics who are looking for work experience to progress their careers.
The firm offers hands on training and exposure to good quality work and clients.
Candidates should be prepared to work hard, not mind what they are asked to do and possess a team mentality.
No support staff vacancies
There are currently no support staff positions at present.
Working at B P Collins
B P Collins is a leading regional law firm and we are always looking for people to join our dynamic and diverse workplace. Whether you join as a lawyer or within the business support functions, you’ll find that our teams are effective and friendly.
Information for recruitment agencies
B P Collins uses its staff and extensive referral networks to fill many positions. However, where this is proving difficult, we will consider receiving applications from recruitment agents.
We work with a number of recruitment agencies with whom, over time, we have built strong relationships and these consultants are familiar with our brand, culture and reputation.
If you wish to submit a candidate cv please contact the HR team to agree terms & conditions in advance of sending through any applications.
All CVs must include the candidate's name, location, academic grades, salary expectations and reasons for leaving previous employments.
Please do not submit CVs to Partners.
If you have any questions, please speak to a member of the HR team on 01753 889995.