Ensuring you are compliant with data protection legislation can be challenging. Our team of experienced data protection solicitors provide advice that is commercially focussed, pragmatic and tailored to your business.
We can assist on a variety of data protection issues and queries, including:
- carrying out or assisting with compliance assessments and gap analysis reviews. We can then work with you to develop a plan for carrying out any remedial work identified
- drafting/reviewing or updating your data protection policies or procedures (such as data protection policies, internal and external facing privacy notices, data subject request procedures, retention policies)
- drafting or reviewing your data processing or data sharing agreements
- preparing and advising you on International Data Transfer Agreements/Standard Contractual Clauses
- reviewing your terms and conditions to ensure they contain the necessary data protection clauses
- advising on data transfers and data exports (particularly when transferring data outside the UK) and the transfer mechanisms available to you
- dealing with data subject access requests (DSARs) (explaining the rules and supporting you in your response)
- advising data protection officers (DPO) with data protection queries
- assisting with data breaches
- helping you with complaints you receive from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), including supporting you with responding to ICO enquiries and any investigation
- resolving disputes relating to data issues
Our employment team can also assist with undertaking HR audits in relation to data protection and developing or updating staff policies (such as employee privacy notices), contracts, handbooks and training programmes for your staff. If you have a DSAR from a member of your staff, our employment team can also assist with your response.