Contact Us Complaints Procedure

Complaints Procedure


B P Collins LLP is committed to high quality legal advice and client care. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received or about our charges, you have the right to complain. We have a procedure in place which details how we handle complaints which is available from the Practice Group Leader or our Senior Partner, Simon Deans.

In the first instance, you should raise your complaint with the person who is handling your matter. If you are not satisfied with their response, you can escalate your complaint to the Practice Group Leader. If you are not satisfied with the response from the Practice Group Leader, you can escalate your complaint to the Senior Partner.

We will acknowledge your complaint within four working days of receiving it. We will then investigate your complaint and aim to resolve it within 15 working days. We will keep you informed of our progress throughout the investigation.

Legal Ombudsman 

If you are unhappy with the service you have received from us, you have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman is an independent body that investigates complaints about legal services. Their contact details are:

Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6167

Telephone 0300 555 0333

Email address:

Legal Ombudsman Website:

Before complaining to the Legal Ombudsman, you must first give us a chance to resolve your complaint directly. You can do this by contacting the person who is handling your matter or by contacting the Practice Group Leader.

The Legal Ombudsman will only investigate complaints that have been made within one year of the date of the act or omission about which you are complaining, or within one year of you realising that there was a cause for complaint.

You must also refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.

Alternative complaints resolution bodies (such as Ombudsman Services, ProMediate and Clerksroom) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and the firm wish to use such a scheme. We confirm that we do agree to use alternative complaints resolution bodies in appropriate circumstances.

SRA complaints

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour.

This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).