As an individual, you may need help from a Notary in various situations, from foreign property transactions and overseas pensions claims to proving your identity to the foreign public and legal authorities.
When may you need a Notary?
- Selling or buying a property overseas
- Applying for work abroad
- Powers of Attorney
- Witnessing signature of deeds and documents primarily for use outside the UK
- Proving your identity/status to an organisation overseas
- Sponsoring visits or settlements
- Marriages abroad
- Child adoption applications
- Documents relating to share dealings or timeshares in the USA
- Legalisation at the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office or other relevant embassy/consulate
- Taking oaths, statutory declarations and affidavits
- Documents relating to the administration of foreign estates
- Provision of a Certificate of English Law to enable the estate to be administered.
- Consent To Travel
- Pensions from a provider overseas
- Authenticating documents and facts
Certification of copy documents for use abroad