Effectively managing late or non-payment of debts is key to reducing the risk of overdue payments turning into bad debts. If it is a business debt maintaining your business’ reputation is also an important commodity and goes hand in hand with debt recovery.
Our dispute resolution team has been providing debt collection services for individuals and businesses since 1966, with experience of all business sectors and industries. We provide a comprehensive debt collection service to assist you in recovering your debts and our charges are very clear.
Our debt recovery work
- taking your instructions and reviewing documentation;
- undertaking appropriate searches;
- sending a letter of demand/letter before action;
- receiving payment and sending it onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim;
- statutory demand followed by bankruptcy or winding up petition (as applicable);
- where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default;
- when Judgement in default is received, writing to the other party to request payment; and
- if payment is not received within 21 days of a letter of demand/letter before action, providing you with advice on the next steps and likely costs.
At B P Collins LLP we are committed to:
- promptly exchanging information with you in order to speed up recovery; and
- giving you the right advice of the most appropriate procedure for the particular debt in question.
Please note that the costs information given is general and a full case specific estimate can be obtained by contacting our dispute resolution team directly.