"niche experience in employment/immigration crossover cases"The Legal 500 - The clients' guide to the UK Legal Profession
In recent years the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) has toughened its stance on immigration through its introduction of the Points Based System (PBS). Annual limits have also now been imposed on non-EEA and Swiss economic migration.
B P Collins LLP has a dedicated business immigration group, each of whom are members of the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association (ILPA) and are experienced members of our employment practice group.
The business immigration team is able to assist and advise businesses on their workplace immigration needs and offer bespoke advice on a number of aspects under the PBS, with an emphasis on applications under Tier 2 (apply to enter or remain in the UK as a skilled worker).
The team advise predominantly in the following areas:
- Registering as a licensed sponsor;
- Compliance with UKVI's Sponsorship Management System;
- Business visitors;
- Illegal working and the statutory defence;
Reviewing contracts and handbooks and providing advice to ensure that your policies and procedures are compliant with UKVI requirements.
Examples of our work include:
- procuring a certificate of sponsorship for a worldwide religious organisation, ensuring planned activities of a business visitor were permissible under UKVI rules, so as to secure a business visa
- advising on the consequences and how to deal with unknowingly engaging illegal workers during a business acquisition
- advising a national retailer during a high profile raid conducted on their premises by UKVI
B P Collins LLP is celebrating a double success after being named as a “regional heavyweight” by The Legal 500 league tables and achieving top tier status in an unprecedented six practice areas.