Business crime and fraud
"Has fee-earners with expertise to run the most complex commercial cases"The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to the best Law firms
We are experienced in representing businesses in relation to all aspects of a business crime/fraud investigation. We have many years of experience and expertise to fully defend such accusations. We believe in being proactive at an early stage, including formulating an appropriate strategy when dealing with such serious allegations.
B P Collins can provide expertise to defend serious and complex investigations undertaken by the following;
- The Serious Fraud Office
- The National Crime Agency
- The Crown Prosecution Service
- The City of London Economic Crime Unit
- The Department of Business Innovation and Skills
The services we offer to our clients include;
- Early consultation to advise on an interview strategy
- Obtaining evidence from the prosecuting authority
- Negotiation, where appropriate to seek to avoid a prosecution
- Representing at interviews under caution
- Representing you or your company at any criminal court
- Formulating the best strategy to defend any charges
- Proactive and robust representation
It is crucial that you contact our criminal law team as soon as you are aware that there may be an investigation.
We are specialists and committed to defending your rights and protecting your interests.
Basic steps towards protection include the control and monitoring of access to equipment, documents and computers to prevent any unauthorised use. Other preventative measures, such as training staff in your security systems and your disciplinary policies and procedures could lessen your chances of becoming a victim of fraud.
If your business is threatened by fraudulent activity from a client or member of staff, our dispute resolution team have extensive experience in managing such cases and can liaise with the police and other relevant authorities when required.
Evidence gathering is crucial for investigating fraud and our lawyers can apply for interim relief including freezing injunctions and search and disclosure orders if necessary to protect your business.
Criminal Litigation Accreditation
Jonothan Moss is accredited individually by The Law Society for his expertise in Criminal Litigation.
If you need assistance, please Jonothan on 01753 278665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a no obligation discussion.