Pharmaceutical and healthcare
According to the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), the pharmaceutical sector adds £13.8 billion to the British economy each year, on average.
For the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, the reality of a post-Brexit world is a daunting one. Despite months of negotiations, the full extent of the repercussions are still yet to be seen and COVID-19’s impact on the economy and healthcare system has further intensified the challenges ahead. Key implications include:
- The impact on R&D and funding
- Regulatory issues
- Disruption to medical supply chains
- The rights, movement and status of workers
- The creation and application of new rules
For many years we have built up specialist sector knowledge, with many of our lawyers having worked with pharmaceutical and healthcare clients as their trusted advisers.
We provide transactional, commercial and dispute resolution services to a range of clients, from some of the largest multinational pharmaceutical and healthcare groups through to investors, start-ups and emerging ventures.
This gives us an unparalleled perspective of the sector and the insight to enable us to give legal and strategic advice on the most innovative and transformational matters relevant to our clients.
Some of our sector work highlights include:
- Advising on the distribution services structure for outsourced transportation and warehousing across Europe for an international pharmaceutical company.
- Representing a pan-European pharmaceutical business on the outsourcing of its regulatory affairs and functions.
- Giving M&A advice and overflow commercial support for an inhouse legal team at a major private healthcare supplies group.
- Acting as a long-standing and trusted legal adviser for a leading medical charity, advising on strategic acquisitions, disposals and property matters.
- Representing an international pharmaceutical business on its investments into early-stage medical device businesses.
- Representing the shareholders of a distributor of CCG formulary approved medical devices to wholesalers for onward supply to pharmacies on the proposed sale of its business to a private equity buyer.
- Acting for a leading European pharmaceutical company on various litigation matters regarding the development, supply and manufacturing of medicines and supplies.
B P Collins' reputation continues to excel in the legal directories. The firm is recognised as a regional heavyweight, many of our services are tier one and several of our solicitors are recognised as either leaders in their field or next generation lawyers.
Get in touch